The Hollister Group, Boston’s leading staffing consultancy repeatedly recognized as a “Best Place to Work” and a “Top 100 Women-Led Business,” is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join our Accounting & Finance Operations team. This is a senior role that reports directly to our CFO and will be expected to have a significant influence on our AP, AR, and Accounting Operations. We are excited to speak with candidates who would thrive on a self-directed team with a focus on collaboration, accountability, and building relationships.
The Hollister Group currently operates on a hybrid work schedule and can only consider New England-based candidates for internal positions.
- Manage and supervise the full cycle of accounts receivable and accounts payable activity, including timely collections/payments, contractual requirements, client systems, and internal approval processes
- Monitor and develop internal processes and procedures to ensure cash receipts and cash disbursements remain effective and efficient
- Lead and manage staff-level associates by conducting weekly 1:1s and performance management reviews, providing feedback, career pathing, and more
- Assist the CFO, Accounting Manager, and other Hollister stakeholders with special projects and requests
- Serve as a liaison to internal / external business partners by effectively communicating and facilitating changes to business regulatory requirements
- Assist the Accounting Manager with month-end accounting processes and reconciliations ensuring completeness and timeliness for all payables and receivables
- Work alongside the Accounting team to ensure that contract changes are properly reflected in Accounts Receivable
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; relevant experience may be substituted for a degree
- 3-5 years of corporate experience including AP, AR, or other general ledger accounting work
- 2+ years supervising staff-level employees; experience training, developing and/or mentoring staff is a plus
- Proven experience managing multiple priorities while maintaining superior level of productivity
- Expertise with cloud-based financial software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including complex spreadsheet function familiarity
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve with a history of leading process improvement and developing department efficiencies
- Proven ability to support month-end and annual business filings
- Experience participating in or leading new technology implementation is a PLUS
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Hollister Group is committed to building a diverse workforce and has cultivated a culture where employees are encouraged to bring their whole, authentic selves to work. We believe diversity drives innovation, and we know true inclusion is not possible without continuous education and reflection. Our goal is to help all employees feel celebrated and supported, so we do our best to bridge the gaps between our differences by consistently providing opportunities for individual and organizational learning about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Hollister Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, family or parental status, military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
We welcome and encourage applications from people who are under-represented in their respective occupation or position.
If you are interested and meet these qualifications, please apply here with your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!