Vice President of Finance
The Hollister Group is currently seeking an energetic and dynamic leader to be the Vice President of our Accounting & Finance Operations team. This role will be part of the organization’s Leadership Team and will report to our Founder & CEO. Repeatedly recognized as a “Best Place to Work,” a “Top 100 Women-Led Business,” and one of Boston’s leading placement firms, we hope our record speaks for itself.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Hollister Group is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workforce. Everyone is welcome at Hollister and we encourage our employees to be comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. We value multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation, so we’re building a culture where differences are celebrated.
We’re also seeking ways to grow our network of people, programs, and tools to ensure our pipeline is representative of the diversity within the community we serve. We are actively encouraging our recruiters to do the same, and to tap into a multitude of sources to access diverse talent to introduce to our clients who are hiring. We are simultaneously providing opportunities for individual and organizational learning about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Hollister Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, family or parental status, military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
We welcome and encourage applications from people who are under-represented in their respective occupation or position.
- Act as a business partner to Founder & CEO, providing input on strategic contract negotiations, company growth initiatives, and staffing requirements
- Maintain full ownership of budgeting and forecasting process, including long range planning; monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting and forecasting for four Hollister divisions / revenue streams; act as a strategic business partner to each division leader to understand unique revenue streams of each business and create strategic model projections as needed
- Partner with division leaders to create new, competitive, sales compensation plans & perform analysis on existing plans; oversee commission calculation process and look for strategic solutions to incentivize sales floor
- Review and analyze organizational profitability, propose changes to improve EBIT, and work closely with the accounting team to implement process improvements and increase efficiency
- Work closely with the Senior Accounting team to prepare annual budgets, deliver financial reports to senior leadership, and report monthly cash forecasts
- Lead and supervise the Accounting team to ensure accuracy within the general ledger, account reconciliations, and journal entries
- Own the banking relationship for the firm, oversee the ACH process, and manage cash
- Lead and manage the A/P and A/R team and work to create a seamless process for client billing
- Manage the Payroll Administrator and be responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of payroll for all contractors and full-time employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA and MBA a plus
- Top notch experience with accounting systems; new system implementation experience a plus
- 10 years or more of progressive accounting and finance experience. 5 years or more of experience in a managerial role, ideally in the staffing industry or a similar service industry
- Experience in financial reporting, implementing, and running financial application systems as well as financial operations
- Strong relationship builder and communicator who demonstrates tact, diplomacy, and negotiation skills
- Leadership experience that includes coaching and training as well as delivering performance management, giving both constructive and positive feedback
- Ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Flexible with the ability to handle requests promptly and with creativity
- Attention to detail with the drive to work independently
Hollister is encouraging each person to meet and collaborate in person as much as possible, and we have been pleased to see our team embrace a hybrid work schedule. We welcome applicants who are looking for a hybrid schedule and we are open to discussing a variety of flexible options with our employees. At this time we are not accepting applications from talent who would need to work 100% remotely in an indefinite capacity. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are interested in this position, please click the apply button below or email Mike Raimondi at email@example.com